David Van Sambeek focuses his practice on the organization and operation of direct sales and multi level marketing companies with an emphasis on regulatory compliance, illegal pyramids, Ponzi schemes, corporate counsel, employment issues, and various transactional matters.
Mr. Van Sambeek has counseled companies and distributors throughout the world on the operations and regulatory issues unique to the direct sales and multi level marketing industry. He has launched direct sales companies in foreign countries including Mexico, Canada, Ecuador, Columbia, Chile, Peru, Ukraine, Russia, and various EU nations.
Outside of the direct sales industry, Mr. Van Sambeek represents clients on corporate, securities, business formation, franchising, and intellectual property matters. His practice involves both sophisticated transactional work and litigation. Mr. Van Sambeek works closely with the firm’s Litigation Department on direct sales and complex business-related lawsuits, often contributing his knowledge in trade secret, contract, and marketing disputes.
Mr. Van Sambeek is a member of the Orange County Chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG), and the Association of Network Marketing Professionals (ANMP), and serves on the Board of Directors for the MultiLevel Marketing International Association (MLMIA).
When not in the office, David can be found at the beach surfing with his sons.
By David VanSambeek, Esq.*
A few months back the FTC and Herbalife concluded an investigation that many projected would “reshape the MLM regulatory landscape.” The Herbalife settlement just reconfirmed many of the regulatory principals that […]
- Represented numerous multi level marketing companies in the successful launch of their businesses in the United States.
- Negotiated successful resolution for multi level marketing company in the USA in a distributor dispute where the distributor resided in Japan.
- Negotiated settlement for multi level marketing company against the US Department of Justice and US Food and Drug Administration in a case alleging product health and drug claims.
- Assisted numerous multi level marketing companies in international expansion efforts throughout North and South America, including company formation, contract preparation, receipt of import permits, and foreign trademark registrations.
- Successfully resolved complaint from the Electronic Retailing Self Regulation Program against a client company for alleged prohibited health claims.
- Negotiated and drafted direct response (infomercial) agreement between a client company and one of the largest infomercial producers in the United States.
- Successfully resolved numerous regulatory inquiries from various State Attorney General Offices, the BBB, the FDA and the SEC.
- Prepared various 504, 505 and 506 offerings for private placement capital raises for corporate clients.
- Defended corporate client against patent infringement lawsuit resulting in settlement and dismissal of state lawsuit and complaint before the International Trade Commission.